As a mom of an 8 month old baby boy, there isn’t anything that I wouldn’t do for my son. He is my pride and joy. With that being said, in doing it “For The Kids” news, there is a picture of Amina Buddafly holding Gunner (Peter Gunz’s son with his ex girlfriend Tara Wallace). Babyyyy, I’m sure no one including myself understands this triangle going on with these three.
unnamed
Children are so innocent and Gunner was born into a world filled with catastrophe with his mom getting pregnant for her ex boyfriend and father to her other sons, who is married to Amina who also was pregnant. Now I think I can maybe forgive my husband (if I had one) for cheating, depending on the situation. But a whole baby as a reminder of his infidelity that’s a big pill to swallow and I don’t like swallowing horse pills.  These women have argued back and forth over this man knowing that he is playing hopscotch from one bed to the other. HE EVEN MOVED THEM INTO THE SAME DAMN BUILDING, to make said jumping easier for him to “see the kids”. I take my hat off to these women because I just cannot and would not be in that situation.
So moving on, I guess it must have dawned on them that it’s easier to be fake sister wives. Lawd baby Jesus is the peen made of GOLD??? I’m all for blended families with me being a product of one and having one of my own BUT this right here is just tewww much for my liking.  If they like it I love it and kudos to them for finding what works. Like I said the children are innocent and they are siblings who should know and grow with each other.  My pressure just isn’t stable enough to have the mindset to deal with this situation of an ex who has a new kid or a side chick who became a wife. This is a daily I need a bottle of wine situation.  I pray that this doesn’t mess up the mentality of the babies.
Now let’s skip on over to another triangle that had us sipping tea and clutching pearls in the past.  Alicia Keys, Swizz Beatz & Mashonda another set of messy boots. I’m sure we are all familiar with this trio and their history (him supposedly cheating on Mashonda while married to her with Alicia and divorcing her to marry Alicia). So pictures recently surfaced of Swizz kissing Alicia while Mashonda sat next to them on what looked like a family vacation. BLANK STARE as I sip from my second bottle of wine. unnamed-1
I’m all for growth and maturity but hunty, that level of maturity is beyond my petty. Like I stated I would do anything for my son, to a certain degree I must add. FAMILY VACATION?? So umm yeah NOPE I will NOT. I would have to trust his father and his step mom to send him and sit this one out. Let them have those moments and memories because I’m perfectly fine with making my own with my child. I do applaud Mashonda for her growth and doing it for the kids, that right there speaks volumes. She pushed passed and pushed through.
I wish these women all the best for what’s in store in the future for their families, because honestly speaking some times you do have to “do it for the kids.”

Empress Steph
+ posts

Empress Steph is 38 who was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. She loves curling up with a good book, listening to music, writing, taking selfies and doing makeup when she isn't being a doting mother to her baby boy Keith.

12 Comments on Doing it For The Kids?

1. Joyce Brewer
    October 24, 2016 at 9:25 am (1 year ago)

I wish I could say this trend is “new” it’s just more public. For centuries, men have had women and children outside their marriage. I even read about a case where a wife would pack her husband’s suitcase a few weekends a month when he went to spend time with his other woman and children.
    Now, everything is out there, shared and analyzed.
    What’s most interesting to me is how a man would NEVER forgive his wife for having a child by someone else. But it’s common place for women to have to suck it up and look past it.

• Danika
      October 25, 2016 at 12:13 pm (1 year ago)

I’m in total agreement. It’s a double standard and quite perverse.

2. Carlana
    October 24, 2016 at 11:41 am (1 year ago)

Joyce, is so true. This was such a big thing in the Caribbean here in my parents and grandparents generation. I do not have the stomach for it. I wish them all well. I put a premium on my happiness. I’ll be single for life before I deal with this.

• Carlana
      October 24, 2016 at 11:44 am (1 year ago)

Oh… a few weeks ago I was at a dinner meeting with a client who was vacationing with his ex- wife and mom of his 3 kids and his new young, fitness model looking wife. And everyone sat there – drinking cocktails and sharing a meal. And I was thinking why I was the only one feeling very weirded out by it all. It was oh so natural to them. Yikes!

3. Ashlee
    October 24, 2016 at 3:56 pm (1 year ago)

I definitely get where you are coming from. I guess it’s the definition of blended families and making it work. Everyone will have their own boundaries but I guess you will do anything you can for your children.

4. Anitra | The Mom on the Move
    October 24, 2016 at 8:06 pm (1 year ago)

So…2 days after my husband and I were engaged his ex called saying “I’ve got cancer and it really is your baby.” The baby was 2 years old. So while in the past 16 years we haven’t gone in any family vacations, she has stayed in our home to visit her son. Ours was a bit of a different circumstance given the relationship was over and my husband had moved on. But yes, sometimes you have to put your bog girl panties on and do it for the kids.

5. Kim
    October 24, 2016 at 9:02 pm (1 year ago)

I am not going to judge. It works for them. I just don’t understand why anyone would put themselves in that situation knowingly. I mean there are BILLIONS of men and women in the world and people decide on sharing one? It doesn’t make sense.

6. Raquel Serrano
    October 24, 2016 at 10:36 pm (1 year ago)

It’s always super important to maintain the peace in the presence of the kids. There’s enough mess happening in the world that they should have to find the majority of it in their own houses and families.

7. Michelle Malone
    October 25, 2016 at 5:29 am (1 year ago)

I’m not sure if this is a trend or a way to show that they’re progressive. Co-parenting is not an easy job, so if they’re making it work, I’m happy for them. I can’t judge any of them — that’s for sure.

8. Kara
    October 25, 2016 at 1:49 pm (1 year ago)

lol beyond your petty. I feel where you coming from though I don’t know if That could be me (well I do know – it can’t) but the fact that everything is put in the eyes of the public doesn’t help the children. Especially when they’re of school age and the other kids start talking or they get to googling smh

9. Kasi Perkins
    October 25, 2016 at 3:03 pm (1 year ago)

This is so crazy to me!!! I could never stand for cheating! And yes, having a baby there as a daily, forever, reminder seems so heartbreaking. I probably wouldn’t want her to be alone with my child either, and vice versa. Prayers for them all though.

10. Jennifer
    October 25, 2016 at 4:40 pm (1 year ago)

I agree with Joyce’s comment. Unfortunately, this type of relationship issue is very common. Only now with social media, it is greatly publicized. I don’t think it’s fair to have children in the middle of relationship drama.